UNIVERSITY CAMPUS RIO PATRAS
Show/Hide specialization/thematic fields
Share this page K
Applied Mechanics Laboratory, University of Patras (AML/UP) is in operation since 1980. It is part of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, University of Patras (UP). AML/UP deals mainly with the general field of MATERIALS & STRUCTURES giving emphasis on the science, technology and applications of composite materials (organic, ceramic and metal matrix), monolithic ceramics and plastics. Research is conducted in a variety of areas including:
• Design and Optimisation of Composite Structures, Fatigue Design and Damage Tolerance Approach,
• Finite Elements Techniques (Implicit and Explicit), Stress Analysis,
• Fatigue and Damage behaviour of Composite Laminates, Continuum Damage Approach,
• Non-destructive Techniques in Advanced Materials Ultrasonic, Spectral Analysis, Acoustic Emission,
• Boundary Elements
• Wave Propagation and Scattering in Acoustics, Electromagnetism, Elasticity and Thermoelasticity,
• Inverse Problems, Inversion of Scattering Data,
• Vibration Analysis and Damping Control,
• Fluids – Structures Interaction,
• Ageing Systems and Health Monitoring of Engineering Systems, Safety Management of Composite structures,
• Repair of Metal and Composite Structures Using Composite Patches,
• Hierarchical Modelling Approach,
• Characterisation of Material Properties, Using Conventional and Ultrasonic Techniques,
• Analysis of the Thermo-Mechanical Behaviour of Polymers and composites,
• Experimental Stress Analysis,
• Smart Materials and Structures
Educational activities include eighteen formal courses offered at undergraduate and graduate level dealing with the mechanics, analysis and design of composite materials and advanced structures, non-destructive techniques, wave propagation and scattering theory, anisotropic elasticity, etc. Qualified graduates may enrol in the PhD four-year programme also offered by the Laboratory. AML is internationally recognised for its contribution in the respective fields through books, lectures, research papers, conferences, professional society activities and research co-operation within the frame of financially supported projects, both by national and international Institutions, mainly by the EU.
Cando reclamas o perfil dunha entidade/empresa estás solicitando que se che conceda a administración do perfil desa entidade.
After claiming the profile, we will verify you have authorization by that organization/company to manage their profile. This is the quickest and simplest way to do so:
Para iniciar o proceso deberás enviar unha mensaxe ao enderezo electrónico email@example.com co asunto "Reclamación de perfil" e os seguintes datos:
If there are any verification problems, you will be contacted via e-mai.
Unha vez completado o proceso de verificación convertiráste no encargado de administrar o perfil público da entidade en Pinng, puidendo editar os datos de contacto, as especialidades e máis a descrición da entidade ou empresa.
NOTE: The profile of an organization/company can only be managed by one user.